I just looked back at this last post and realized how shady the house looks! It just looks really bad because it is in demo-phase right now....We pulled up carpet and all the vinyl/linoleum flooring so we can stain the concrete. Once we do that, we'll finish taking down the wallpaper, skimcoat the walls, primer and paint. It will look good--she just needs a little TLC right now!
The house is actually a really great house with lots of potential... The design phase is "my thing." I feel like Zach and I are pretty good at being able to look at something and see it for what it could be, as opposed to what it is... Some girls are good at fashion, shoes, or accessorizing... I'm good at making a house pretty :)
"The personality of a house is indefinable, but there never lived a lady of great cultivation and charm whose home, whether a palace, a farm-cottage or a tiny apartment, did not reflect the charm of its owner."- Emily Post (1873-1960), The Well-Appointed House; 1922
1 comment:
there's always.."Oh, that's an idea I hadn't thought of. I will have to keep that in mind!"... :)
Post a Comment