Sunday, August 9, 2009

Anxious?

So are you anxious to see the house finished? Me too! :) Staining the floors was great, however it never goes as you would like for it to! We didn't have time for the 2nd coat of sealer to dry before we were moving our stuff in. So, we have to do that one room at a time. Awesome, huh? Ehh, it's not that bad. We've had to deal with worse.
So, my apologies for not posting anything yet...
A) The floors aren't done
B) The painting is not done
C) Our stuff is still everywhere!!

Once we finish the painting, (we now have a few free weekends coming up!) I'll finish putting everything in its place and you'll get a full slideshow!

In the meantime, I'll give you a couple of teaser pictures... Here is the dining room before and after painting... we haven't finished painting the fireplace, but you get the idea.
BEFORE- we had just taken down the wallpaper over the paneling...
AFTER: Painted the walls, stained the concrete, exchanged fixtures with another room, and painted (primed) the fireplace.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

Oooh, it looks great! I have been wanting to paint our fireplace white, so maybe your pics can convince Phil! Did you do it yourselves?

Kate said...

Yep... all the painting done by yours truly. But, since I've had to go back to school, it has ceased. Lord only knows when we'll finish!!