Here are her current stats:
Height: 24.25" long (59th percentile)
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz (31st percentile)
Head: 15.75" (56th percentile)
She really was a trooper during her shots and only cried for a couple of minutes afterwards. Still broke my heart!
State of the union:
Caroline is changing so much lately, and I tend to forget when she starts to do things. She is in her "oral stage of development" which means she wants to put everything in her mouth. Yep. Feet included. The past few weeks have been pretty fun to watch her pull her feet all the way up to her face... She likes to lay down with her legs up like that all the time.
She is giggling quite a bit, and making a lot of different sounds. Most of the time they are vowel sounds... but sometimes I get some w, m, g, or n sounds. Zach and I love to hear her talk. She LOVES to squeal and is very expressive (see picture above!) If you watched the video from a few posts down, you saw it for yourself. :)
Caroline is changing so much lately, and I tend to forget when she starts to do things. She is in her "oral stage of development" which means she wants to put everything in her mouth. Yep. Feet included. The past few weeks have been pretty fun to watch her pull her feet all the way up to her face... She likes to lay down with her legs up like that all the time.
She's also sitting up rather well and turns her head toward our voices, or just to watch one of us walk in or out of the room. One thing I need to work on is tummy time... I dread it because A) she hates it, and B) it usually makes her spit up pretty good. I have been finding other ways for her to get tummy time without always being just flat on the floor, which has helped some.
Caroline's reflux is MUCH better... She still cries when she eats, and is still pretty colicky, but not like before. She's on prevacid which seems to be working rather nicely. In fact, her GI specialist recommended trying a special formula that is supposed to be easier to digest. They gave us a sample can and a coupon for a free case of the Similac Alimentum. So, after a lot of self-coaxing, I decided to let her try it yesterday morning.
Caroline's reflux is MUCH better... She still cries when she eats, and is still pretty colicky, but not like before. She's on prevacid which seems to be working rather nicely. In fact, her GI specialist recommended trying a special formula that is supposed to be easier to digest. They gave us a sample can and a coupon for a free case of the Similac Alimentum. So, after a lot of self-coaxing, I decided to let her try it yesterday morning.
HOLY.MOLY!
I say she is colicky now... yeah... just one feeding of the formula brought back memories of a constantly screaming Caroline during her first month of life (Keyword: pre-diet). This formula is broken down so it's easier to digest, but it still has milk protein in it, and that is definitely a no-no for our sugarbear. I immediately saw what a positive impact my crazy no-dairy/eggs/soy/nuts/beef diet has had on her, and immediately felt (for once) like I really had been doing the right things.
He gave us another formula that is amino-acid based, which seems to do better, but I still haven't weaned her off breastfeeding yet and I'm not sure if I'm ready to...
Anywho, that's the story of Caroline at the moment. We aren't up to much of anything else except trying to work on the house (getting gutters this week) and praying that our A/C doesn't continue to go out :/
I can't believe we're already a week into August!
1 comment:
How is she four months old already!? You are such a good mommy to her and she's so lucky!
Post a Comment