Friday, October 1, 2010

What I loved about September

September 2010 and I have a love-hate relationship.
(Ohhhh the teething! And the trial change of medicine....)

I feel like I need to call it the "learning curve month." (not only for Caroline, but for me too!)

It has been amazing to watch Caroline this past month.
The progression was mind-blowing, and SO neat to watch:

1.) Started to use her neck muscles to hold her head up when I pulled her up to sitting by her arms.
2.) Started to be able to sit on my lap or on the ground with assistance.
3.) Was able to sit by herself supported by pillows or the corner of the crib or couch.
4.) Then was able to sit unassisted... a little wobbly, but fine.
5.) She then started being able to keep her balance while moving/kicking her legs
6.) Then started to put her arms out to the sides to catch her when she started to lose balance
7.) Started leaning forward and reaching out to grab things
8.) Leaned forward and grabbed a book that was a good distance away from her and pulled it up to her mouth.


I know this all sounds trivial, but it is so crazy to watch! Most of this sitting up stuff really happened in the past 2 weeks. She is literally changing before my eyes!

I also can't believe I am still swaddling her... I have tried on several different occasions to see if she would sleep without it, but all she wants to do is play with her pacifier and won't go to sleep. Miracle Blanket, I love with you with all of my heart.

Other new things... besides rice cereal and oatmeal + apples, she was able to ride in a shopping cart for the first time and sat in a restaurant high chair for the first time. She loves playing in her exersaucer and I can see her legs getting stronger by the day when she puts weight on them.

I didn't really notice this on a day-to-day basis, but looking back at pictures, she has lost a lot of the hair she was born with. Check it out! The new hair is growing in blonde.





So, September is officially over. I can't believe it. October is going to be even crazier, I just know it. (Side note: October is one of my favorite months of the year! The weather is fantastic. I can't wait to play outside with Caroline all the time! So excited!)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kate!! So fun to see you on here...our kids are about two weeks apart (Knox was born on the 27th) so it's nice to see what's in our immediate future!

Caroline is beautiful!

Katie

Kate said...

Hi Katie!! I didn't realize you were on blogger and had a little one too!! He's beautiful!!!! I can't wait to keep up with you guys!