Sunday, December 19, 2010

All I want for Christmas is...a tooth!

Caroline and I have been asking Santa for her other top tooth to poke through because she (let's be honest--both of us) have been miserable waiting for that darn thing to cut through! I have been so busy watching her top gums, that I didn't notice her bottom! She cut another tooth, and it must have been last night! Here is a picture I took of her around 6pm last night after her bath...

If you look reeeeeeally close, you can see the tiny white just to the right of her bottom teeth. It must have started cutting yesterday. I noticed a tiny bit of blood on her tongue yesterday, but thought she must have bit her tongue somehow! This morning when I was playing with her, she was giggling and I spotted it!

This definitely wasn't the tooth I thought was coming in next! It does explain all of the napping trouble and daytime fussiness. Goodness!

She does have a really cute little lop-sided smile right now. I'll take any teeth I can get! You could ask any parents of babies, and they would agree-- let's get them in fast, and get it over with! Teething is exhausting!

On a completely unrelated note... I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. For the first time e.v.e.r.... before Christmas Eve! I couldn't believe it! The only logical reason I can find to explain it is that I had to use my shopping time wisely with little bit in tow. Way to go Caroline! Hope whoever is reading this (if anyone? :) is enjoying the Christmas season. It's my favorite time of year. So festive, and it always reminds me of the most important things in life. Not presents, but the fact that God sent Jesus to save us from our sins. What an amazing gift.

If I don't post before next weekend (and that is a possibility), Merry Christmas to all of you and yours. Our love to you for reading this blog and caring enough about us to check in.

No comments: