Tuesday, May 31, 2011

{where did May go?}

Hi there! Long time no see. Sorry about that. I will give you a one word clue: MOLARS.
My response to that word: boo! Molars are horrible! Caroline has now finally cut the second one, and I can feel the third one coming in. That would make 10 teeth, going on 11. Wow! It's funny that one of the most common comments made by strangers is "look at that mouth full of teeth!" Yep!

As much as it pains me to watch Caroline cut her molars, I know it is even more painful for her. Poor baby! She is starting to come around to the Orajel. I think she is starting to recognize that little tube makes her mouth feel better.

She is one busy little girl! I love it! I am so exhausted by the end of {her} day. It makes it tough to sit down at the computer and edit pictures (or blog) :)

Here is a peek into my world...

She looooves to be outside. She would rather walk around the grass and pick up leaves, mulch, rocks, and grass than chase bubbles or play on the playground. She's getting better about not eating them. yuck!
She is a TOTAL ham. I need to take some more video and post it here so everyone who keeps up with us can see. It is what makes this age so much fun. She continues to do new little tricks. She can say a lot of the animal sounds, tell what an Aggie says, and basically tries to mimic every word that I say. She sure is a talker!

She saw my belly button the other day when I was getting dressed and pointed to it. So, I said, this is Mama's belly button. And she said (very clearly for a 13 month old!), "belly button." Holy smokes. She giggles to no end when I tickle her belly button. I just love it.

Instead of just tricks like "what do the Aggies say?", she is also getting really good at learning the commands I use with her. For example, there is a side table next to the glider in her room. It has a lamp, a sort-of-heavy metal bird (purely decoration), and the camera for her monitor which points to her crib. She constantly wants to go over and pick up the bird or the monitor. I have been consistent every time and I say, "not for Caroline." I guess I must shake my head when I do that, because she started going over to the table, not touching the things on it, and then shaking her head. What a good girl! I am so proud! She is doing this with all sorts of other things... I have taught her what "close it" means, so when I ask her to close something, she knows what I mean. She gets a big cheer when she closes a kitchen cabinet, or closes the lid on the toilet, so she is pretty good about it.

I am having a hard time trying to find new things for her to do. One problem is that she doesn't take her nap at a consistent time. Sometimes it's 9am. Sometimes it's noon. It's so weird. She is pretty much down to one nap. She is pretty exhausted by the end of the day whether she takes her nap in the morning or in the middle of the day. I am having to watch running errands at 5pm now, because a lot of times she falls asleep in the car, which messes up bedtime.

And she sure does love her "Sadie-dog" with all of her little heart! (check out who's inside the window)
My goodness, look at that hair! It's mostly blonde, but definitely has a strawberry cast to it, especially when we are outside. The ends are darker, and the only thing I can guess is that is her original brown hair?? I don't have a clue! I thought for sure she would be white-headed like Zach was. Her blonde seems to be more of a dirty blonde like me, so it will be interesting to see whose hair she really got! And the red! My great great aunts apparently had red hair, so if the red stays, I guess that's where she got it!


I will post more about her current situation with Reflux maybe later on this week. She has a follow up appointment with her doctor next week, so I may wait until we know more.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. So grateful for those men and women who are making and have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Adkins Fam said...

She is such a good girl because she is being raised by GREAT parents! LOVE HER...wish I was close enough to spend more time with you all!