Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hi.

Well, hello there. If anyone is still listening after my lame absence in blogging, I hope you will come back. I resolve to be a better blogger in 2012 (personally and professionally).

I remember writing Caroline a blog-letter about a year ago, and though I haven't made it a weekly or monthly habit, I like to write her every once in a while. Without further adieu...

To my sweet Caroline...

Well, here you are almost 22 months old and it just dumbfounds me that we are at this point already. You're almost 2. I have so much fun with you on a daily basis, that sometimes I stop and realize {cringe at} how quickly time is passing. Too fast. Way too fast.

You talk so well. You mimic everything we say, and your sentences are getting longer and longer. We get a lot of comments on how well you talk. I really chalk it up to gender, genetics {guilty}, and talking to you like a regular person from the beginning. You have always understood what I say to you really well, and now you are starting to be able to verbalize things back. It blows my mind. Every time we visit your Gigi and Papu, they are so amazed at your progress since the last time they saw you.

You still have your own toddler language that usually only your Daddy and I can understand because we see you every day. When you say, "I see a lilly?" That means lizard. And mooch is a "smooch." There are lots of sweet little Caroline-words that I just adore in you. I just soak them up, because I know they will be gone soon.

You are already so sweet and caring. You give lots of hugs and smooches. You love to hug your stuffed animals and give them smooches. You always have to "hug sadie's neck" before you go to sleep at night.

You are all things girl. And I absolutely love that about you. I don't come off as a girly-girl, but I really do love those things too. You love shoes (and wearing mama's), clothes, jewelry, accessories, dancing {"twirl me, mama!"}, babies, and purses. Today at Target, I saw some jeggings for only $5. Since we don't have any that fit anymore, I grabbed them. The whole way around the store, you kept saying, "cute jeans! cute jeans! I show Daddy cute jeans!" You are so precious.

My precious girl that I hoped and prayed for.

You are polite and use your manners so well already. When you ask for something, I tell you to ask politely, and you say "pretty please, Mama." That warms my heart. I wish I could bottle those feelings of absolute love I feel for you.

I adore you more than words could ever say.

All of this reminds me so much of God's love for us. When I had you, I really fell deeply in love with the Lord. I understand his love so much more now that I have you. I thank him every day for the blessing you are in our lives. Such a huge blessing. You have changed me. Well, He has changed me through you.

I pray that I can help you to become a God-fearing woman who loves her savior too. I pray for his guidance all the time. I won't always make the right decisions or say the right things, but know I will always try.

He created you perfect in every way, and I feel overwhelmed with joy that I get to be here to watch you grow up. I love you so very much.

love,
Mama


1 comment:

Elicia said...

Love this. So sweet. Beautiful photos of your precious girl! And your header is new? Love it too!