I love cooking and I love finding fun recipes. I got this recipe from a women's bible study I went to right after Zach and I got married. It is super easy and is a great crowd pleaser for parties, dinner, or just you. If you know me at all, you know how much I love cheese. Anything with cheese... Well, here is a great recipe when you have a hankering for something cheese!
BAKED BRIE
1 small can of refrigerated crescent rolls (4 rolls in the can)
1 round of Brie
Raspberry preserves (or another spreadable fruit of your choice)
melted butter (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small baking dish or cookie sheet, place the 4 triangle shaped crescent rolls so that they form a square. Press down so you seal them together.
This step is optional: Take a cheese planer and remove the white rind off the Brie. It does not have to be completely perfect. I just prefer it without the white.
Place the Brie on the center of the dough.
Spread a thick layer of raspberry preserves (to your liking) on the top of the Brie.
Take the corners of the dough and fold up over on top of the Brie/preserves so that you seal it shut. Pinch the edges of the dough together so that you can't see any of the Brie/preserves underneath it.
This step is optional: Melt a couple of Tbsps of butter and brush over the top of the dough with a pastry brush.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
When you slice into it, you can spread the melty cheese/preserves/crust on top of a cracker.
Served best warm with water crackers.
Wow- I have a lot of respect for people who write receipes! It's hard to describe this stuff! I wish I had thought to take a couple of pictures during the process! If you have questions, you can email me. But, it's really simple to make and it's SO good!
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment