Sunday, March 1, 2009

25 Things about Me- the craze!

There is this craze on Facebook where everyone is doing this 25 things about me and then tagging other people. It has been interesting to learn new things about some of my friends, or just laugh at some of them because I know it's true. I thought it would be a good post. Maybe I'll do one for Zach next time. So, here are my 25 things (I even added a few new things):

In no particular order...
1. I am a Texas Aggie, tried and true. Even when our sports teams are not good. The traditions, the people, College Station, everything.

2. I don't trash talk. It literally makes me really angry. It's just a thing.

3. I love music. I feed off of it. I sometimes think that I was supposed to be born earlier than 1982. I love music from pretty much any genre, but especially 70's and 80's. Don't stop believin'.

4. I am suuuper sarcastic. Sometimes too much. It doesn't come across well in type. :) It sounds funny in my head. I have realized there are definitely people who don't get sarcasm. Wow- seriously, chill out. :) JUST kidding! There it goes again!

5. I love to laugh. It's pretty easy to make me, too.

6. I love Will Ferrell. I love anything silly.

7. I love quoting movies. Many times, people I am talking to (including my husband!) don't catch the quote and I feel silly. The human torch was denied a bank loan.... (see #6)

8. I absolutely despise cold weather. I LOVE warm/hot weather. I love Texas.

9. I thought my taste in movies would broaden as I got older and more mature. WRONG! I have a hard time paying for anything that doesn't make me laugh. I can't pay to see a movie that is going to make me cry or sad. Silly Comedies and Romantic Comedies (*with happy endings) are about it...

10. I can't believe I didn't put this sooner. I am horrible mother! My dog Sadie is my life. I love her more than anything (except Jesus and Zach :) Something about having someone meet you at the door and be so excited to see you no matter if it has been 5 minutes or 5 hours. It is the greatest feeling in the world.

11. I am in my 5th job and 2nd career since college. Yep. Serious. I think I'll stick with this one. If I could go back in time and major in education, I don't know that I would. I know that sounds crazy, but I wouldn't want to miss the life experience I got in the business world.

12. As per #11, I am a 4th Grade Teacher. I sincerely love it. It is the hardest job I have ever had in my life, and I feel the most responsibility with it. It's not a 7-3 job like most people think. But the flexibility is one of the greatest parts! I love kids, too. :)

13. I do not have a DVR. I KNOW!

14. I LOVE birthdays! Not even just my own! I love to make a big deal out of them! I think you should celebrate yourself at least once a year. I have realized not everyone feels the same way about this. sad.

15. One of the things I have learned in life that nothing is more important than relationships. I value my friends and family so much.

16. There is nothing that uplifts me more than praise and worship every Sunday at my church. I could have had the worst week in the entire world, and walk out feeling like I can accomplish anything (with God's help!)

17. My drive to school in the morning is my favorite part of the day. It's my "me" time. I listen to Gene and Julie on Lite FM. They make me laugh, AND they actually play music too. Good music. (see #3) It's the perfect amount of time to relax and think about the day ahead.

18. I am a complete and total perfectionist. It drives me crazy sometimes. And probably other people too. Sorry about that :)

19. I want to be a home stager on the side. I love to watch HGTV shows like The Unsellables, Get it Sold, and Designed to Sell. I think it's hilarious that people can't get past changing a room from neon green to tan. It's funny. *post-thought: I don't think I could keep the sarcasm from seeping through, so I'll just enjoy watching the TV shows.

20. I am totally ADD. I cannot focus on one thing for very long. I have to make a list to clean the house so I can check things off, or I will get off track and go do something else. Weird, I know.

21. As soon as I started cooking real food after college, I discovered I have a severe sensitivity to chopping onions. It stings my eyes SO bad! One time, I put Zach's swimming goggles on and a hair clip on my nose. It worked. I can be pretty resourceful.

22. Zach is the greatest thing that has happened to me. He balances me out, and I do the same for him. I can't wait to see what's in store for us. It's weird to think how I fall in love with him more and more the longer we are married.

23. I love to dance. I grew up dancing and still dance when I can. Even if it's just when I clean the house. :)

24. I love working on the computer. I love playing with photoshop and designing different stationary and invitations. I really love fonts. It's kind of an addiction.

25. I love to take and look at pictures. I almost always have a camera with me.

26. God is taking Zach and I on a new adventure this year. I'm not pregnant, but stay tuned for the news...

If you read my blog, and you have a blog, I tag you! :)

No comments: