Well, I survived my first administration of the TAKS test. It was frustrating as hell, to be blunt and completely honest. To watch a kid turn in something you know could have been better, and worse- not be able to say, "Nope! You still need to go back and make some corrections!"... just plain stinks!
However, as much as I can get on a soapbox about the insanity that is TAKS, I have come to the conclusion that it is just a part of teaching that I have no control over. Sometimes it's not really worth the headache to get fired up about it. Sometimes. :)
I focus on the things I do have control over and know that I am working my hardest. That is the most rewarding part in the end anyways.
I am reading The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo to the kids right now, and it is SUCH an amazing book! It is so cute, funny, witty, and can easily appeal to adults and kiddos. I highly recommend.
Ta Ta for now! I'll post pictures of the ever-evolving house soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment