Monday, March 9, 2009

News! (On the Down Low...)

If you read my post with 25 things about me, you saw that we have some news... Well, of course the first thing people say is, "Are you pregnant?" Nope! Zach got an amazing job offer... One that he absolutely could not refuse, and it's in Beaumont, TX!!

Yep! Beaumont, TX! I had never been there until about 2 weeks ago, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how cute it is! There are some really great areas with older homes! YAY! It reminds me a lot of College Station (which I LOVE). Small city, no hustle-bustle, no fear-for-your-life every time you get on the road, plenty of restaurants and things to do, and the people are SO friendly! Every neighborhood we drove through, people smiled and waved. I LOVE IT!

Zach was offered a Project Management position with a Construction Company, and he is starting out building/renovating 3 schools for Beaumont ISD! How cool is that! It is a HUGE career move for him, because it is hard to switch from Residential to Commercial construction, and he did it within 2 months of getting laid off! God is so good!

The reason why I said it is on the down low (hush-hush if you don't speak ebonics :) is because my principal asked me if I could wait to make it public at school. If it was to get out, he might not have the chance to fill my spot with whoever he wants to. I would hate that, because my team members are awesome, and I want the best person in there as they can possibly get. I could not have asked for a more amazing group of people to support me in my first year of teaching. I am TERRIFIED that I am going to get a job in a school where the administration stinks. :( In this way, I am SO SO sad to be leaving my school. Kids are great, Teachers are great, and Administrators are great...

So... If you are connected to me on Facebook, please don't post anything related to the move... I want to respect my Principal's wishes. If you are not aware of the education field, Teachers are on contract for a full year. I wouldn't break my contract and leave in the middle of the year, so I will be staying in Dallas while the house sells and joining Zach in June. So, you probably now understand our rush to get the house ready to put it on the market? :) When he got laid off, all of his leads were out of town, so we knew there was a strong possibility we would be moving. He went ahead and got started, and we are SO glad he did!!! Final pictures to come soon!

We feel so blessed to have such a great opportunity, but please come visit us! We don't know anyone in Beaumont yet! :)

Love you all! Thank you so much for your prayers and support--

2 comments:

Alison Treadaway said...

Congrats! Houston isn't too far from there either when you need a "city fix"

Elicia said...

Aww, that is exciting news! Congrats!