We are (slowly, but surely) working on our "curb appeal" for the front of the house. One thing we are doing is trimming some of the dead branches on our ginormous trees. Zach and I got this great idea to cut a HUGE (major) branch off one of them. In hindsight, I'm not sure that was a good move, but it's too late now!
We had a metal extension ladder in the backyard that was here when we bought the house, so Zach tilted it as high as he could against the branch so he could start cutting sections off at a time. The section was apparently still rather large, and when it split and started to fall, it hit the ladder and bent it. Our next-door neighboor was holding the ladder (Thank the Lord!) and Zach grabbed onto the rest of the branch.
As we were surveying what we had done, Zach just yells out (and I quote):
"Don't just stand there! Get your camera!"
Ha! I so wish I had the camera at the beginning.
And then here is what unfolded this afternoon...
Now they are working on getting the rest of the branch trimmed. I'll let you know how that goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment