Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eating, and teething, and rolling- oh my!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while... Miss Caroline has been keeping me busier than ever!
Back in August, we went to the GI Specialist for another checkup, and it was the first time I could tell him... She is doing great! It felt amazing. At that point, she was just over 4 months old, so he told me to start her on rice cereal. I called my sister and was like- what do I do?? When do I give this to her? How much do I make?? After figuring all of that out, we started cereal the following morning. Baby girl did not like it! We did it every morning for two weeks, and then skipped a week because....

She cut her first tooth!!! All last week, she was fussy and was not being herself! I knew she was teething, but I thought maybe her teeth were just moving. One night, it was just gums, and the next morning, we had a tooth poking through! She was so fussy when we would give her cereal in the morning, I decided to take a break on it because of the teething. Then, I realized... maybe it's just not fast enough--she is so hungry in the morning. Maybe I should try giving it to her on her 2nd feeding. This is what I got... Speaking of last week, we rolled over for the first time! I know this is pretty late for her to be rolling over for the first time, but with all of her reflux and spitting up, we didn't do a lot of tummy time in the beginning. I felt like such a goober when she did it by herself because I cried!! Hahah... I am going to be one of those moms.

So, that is pretty much what is going on lately. She is SUCH a good baby! I feel very, very lucky. She sleeps from around 7:30pm-7:30am. Wakes up, gets medicine, eats, and goes straight back down for a good 1.5-2 hours. Then, she gets up again, eats cereal and a bottle, plays for a very short time while I rinse out the dishes, and then goes right back down for another 1.5-2 hours. I have a wonderful sleepy baby!! After that, her naps are much shorter, so that is when we go and get things done if we need to. I play with her after her 3rd feeding, and she goes down for a nap about 75% of the time. If she doesn't go down then, I take the opportunity to run an errand. Then I feed her again, and if she didn't nap after lunch, she naps a short nap then. Around 6:45, she gets her medicine, bath, bottle, and then goes straight down to bed. She is so alert, and it has been so fun to watch her exploring everything. She LOVES Sadie, and smiles at her when Sadie gives her a smooch. :) She goos and gahs and SQUEALS (I'm talkin Mariah Carey octaves here!) like there's no tomorrow.

She is the best! :)

No comments: