For those who don't care about this particular topic, consider yourself warned!
(Note: Click on the picture to link to the site)
Best advice I read/heard from several people is to stick with breastfeeding (if you can and want to--I'm not a breastfeeding nazi) for at least 6 weeks. I also hated when people would tell me it wasn't going to hurt. It does hurt, but it gets better. And, if breastfeeding is what you want to do/can do, you can do it. But, there's absolutely no shame in not doing it. I definitely believe it's the right of the Mother to decide what is best for herself and the baby. I can't make enough milk for Caroline because I have to exclusively pump. It is definitely not easy (in fact, it's pretty hard!), but it's what I chose to do in order to keep breastfeeding as long as possible. It was not what I planned on doing, but that's the decision I made for us. Anyways, I digress...
In no particular order...My favorites:

The Boppy Pregnancy pillow. Yes, this is for when you are pregnant and need some support under your belly when you sleep or lie down. But, it was perfect for breast-feeding. Waaaaay better than the tradional Boppy U-shaped pillow, which I only have used to prop Caroline up.
I only have this particular pump (Medela InStyle), so I can't speak on other pumps, but I can say this one is phenomenal. My best girlfriends bought it for me at a shower, and I never knew how much I would use it. I wasn't planning on pumping exclusively, but when that happened, I was so glad I had a great pump. And, one that can do both sides at once!
Best nursing bra. ever. It is the most comfortable bra I have ever worn. It is well worth its weight in gold... ($50, but like I said, SO worth it!)

Ok. This one has to do with me pumping a lot. So, you may want to wait until you know if you'll be using it. It's a nursing/pumping bra, so you can pump on the go (I pump in the car when we're traveling) and I can sit and do other things on the couch while I pump during the day. It's A-mazing. And only $30!

2 comments:
I agree with all of those products. I didn't have the pumping bra last time, though, and I'd love to have it when we have another baby. What brand is it?
Nevermind, you linked it. Duh!! :)
Post a Comment