October was a crazy month!We went to Dallas, San Antonio, and threw a surprise party for Daddy in Houston. It was Caroline's first time to be babysat while Mama and Daddy got to go play. It felt great!
In October...
Caroline got to swing on the swings at the park for the first time...


Caroline ate more food... beyond oatmeal + apples, we ventured out to peas, sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, peaches, and pears. We keep trying, and she keeps liking! (She must get that from her Daddy! Unfortunately, I was a picky eater until I became an adult)
She was already sitting, but went from just sitting, to bouncing, leaning forward to reach for things, and now to standing from sitting (with help!)
She also decided it was time to move from the Nap Nanny to her crib
She was already sitting, but went from just sitting, to bouncing, leaning forward to reach for things, and now to standing from sitting (with help!)
She also decided it was time to move from the Nap Nanny to her crib
She is still teething... I feel like it's been forever since she cut her first teeth, so there were no teeth cut in October. I see a bit of swelling on her top gums, so I don't think those are too far away.
Her 6 month shots just about killed me. Not the pain they caused her, but the reset button they hit! Holy moly! I went from having a good sleeper/napper to a baby who wouldn't take any naps, and would wake up every 1-2 hours in the night. What?!! (We have since fixed this problem, although she wakes up from time to time to put a paci back in her mouth)
She started making this face where she scrunches up her nose at you like she's smiling so big, that she has to do that to smile even bigger. It is too funny! Sometimes she even breathes through her nose when she's doing it and it sounds like she's sniffing the air like a puppy!
Her 6 month shots just about killed me. Not the pain they caused her, but the reset button they hit! Holy moly! I went from having a good sleeper/napper to a baby who wouldn't take any naps, and would wake up every 1-2 hours in the night. What?!! (We have since fixed this problem, although she wakes up from time to time to put a paci back in her mouth)
She started making this face where she scrunches up her nose at you like she's smiling so big, that she has to do that to smile even bigger. It is too funny! Sometimes she even breathes through her nose when she's doing it and it sounds like she's sniffing the air like a puppy!
She finally rolled over from her back to her tummy (on accident). However, this girl does not like to be on her tummy. I know most people will say, "oh- yeah. Timmy hated being on his tummy... He would just scream and scream...."
No, really... I mean, this girl {hates} being on her tummy. As soon as she figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back (in late August), she will do anything to get to her back if she finds herself even remotely close to putting weight on her tummy. If I'm holding her (upright) and leaning back on the couch, she will push off with her foot and throw her arm over so she won't be on her tummy. I kid you not! So... with tummy time... I still work with her on it, but she won't roll back to tummy on purpose. So, it will be really interesting to see if she crawls or not. I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't (and probably wouldn't be shocked if she walked early either. This girl is re-lent-less. I have no idea where that came from ;) yikes.
So, there is our update for October 2010. What a wild ride it was! November, bring it!
No, really... I mean, this girl {hates} being on her tummy. As soon as she figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back (in late August), she will do anything to get to her back if she finds herself even remotely close to putting weight on her tummy. If I'm holding her (upright) and leaning back on the couch, she will push off with her foot and throw her arm over so she won't be on her tummy. I kid you not! So... with tummy time... I still work with her on it, but she won't roll back to tummy on purpose. So, it will be really interesting to see if she crawls or not. I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't (and probably wouldn't be shocked if she walked early either. This girl is re-lent-less. I have no idea where that came from ;) yikes.
So, there is our update for October 2010. What a wild ride it was! November, bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment