Monday, January 17, 2011

{Breathe in, Breathe out... Breathe in, Breathe out...}

I've been meaning to post this for about 3 weeks now, but I am pretty much terrified. I don't know why. I have started off this year with a new faith and trust in God, and I know that he has plans for me just as he says in Jeremiah 29:11. (For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.)

I have always had a huge passion for taking pictures. I especially love taking pictures of kids. Why? Well, besides my love for being around kids, there is just something about their innocence. They don't have any hangups about being in front of the camera (for the most part) like adults do. They play and smile and laugh just like they would any other time of the day.

We adults are way too aware of the world and its distorted view of beauty. We are way too self-conscious about what we look like, and if our imperfections are showing. The truth is, God made us each specifically and perfectly the way we are. I sometimes find that when I take pictures of adults, we are stiff and obviously uncomfortable.

So, get to the point, Kate. Alright. Well, I decided, with the love and support of many of my friends and husband (especially him!), to start a photography business. I feel like God is putting this on my heart for a reason, and I am not quite sure why.

{my hot hubby!}


I have never had the confidence in my own picture-taking... Part of that is my own perfectionist nature, but I have really learned and come a long way in the past couple of months. And I know, if this is God's plan for me, that I will get better, and I will find my way (with his help).

If you follow me on Facebook, you may have noticed that I have been practicing quite a bit on Caroline. Besides wanting to capture her scrumptious little personality on camera as her Momma, I have been trying to learn how to use my camera.
So, friends... Here I go! With a leap of faith, and deep breath in, I am ready to go! Please pray for me on my new journey!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I think that sounds wonderful and I know you will do well! Have as much faith in yourself as your friends and family do in you. If we ever get back to TX, you'll have lifelong clients in us!

Keely Snyder Designs said...

Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitney said...

I love this! I will be praying for you in your new adventure. The Lord will give you all the knowledge and wisdowm. Gosh I wish you weren't so far away and gosh, I wish I had a kid for you to take pictures of. :)

Katie said...

Good luck! You can do it! :)

arg said...

Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity! You'll be amazing.

Kelly said...

Congrats & good luck!! Can't wait to see more of your pictures!

Katie Norwood said...

This is so exciting, Kate! You are an amazing photographer and I can really see this taking off for you! Maybe when it's my turn to have a baby you can take all my pics :-) By the way... when you are driving through Humble, how about give me a call and we'll hang out? I'd love to see you and the little one.

Raquel said...

Yay Kate! I wish you lived in Austin so I could hire you. The pictures you take are beyond beautiful! I know you'll be successful!