
I am writing this as my sweet little girl sleeps in her crib... she is exhausted! She was up sick all night: coughing, gagging, and throwing up mucous (I guess that may be tmi for some? I'm a bit desensitized to that stuff having been a teacher and now mama. sorry!). Her symptoms are lining up with RSV. I am so sad for her. I sat down in the bathroom this morning after Zach and I put her back down and cried while Zach was in the shower (and am tearing up just thinking about it right now). I would do anything so that I could take on the sickness and Caroline wouldn't have to, but unfortunately I can't. If you read The Pioneer Woman, she spoke on this topic just yesterday.
Anyways, I figured it was time for an update on my sweet girl. She is doing more and more every day. It is so fun to watch her explore and experience the world in all her curiosity. She is standing up and cruising pretty well. She tries to pull up on anything and everything. It's hard to keep up with her now! She is a pretty good crawler, too. She crawls on hands and knees on the rugs/carpet, and half-bear crawls on a hard floor surface (our house is entirely stained concrete).
She is sounding more things out, and trying new words, although we haven't gotten mama yet. She says Dada (knowing who that is), Day-dee (Sadie-her absolute favorite), and babbles/sings quite a bit. I am hearing her try new sounds every day.
Her favorite thing to do is clap. She LOVES to be applauded. She started doing her first sign for "all done" when she finishes her bottle, and does it perfectly in context. The first time she did it, I freaked out and clapped so big, and she laughed her heart out. She was so excited! When she does any of her tricks that I mentioned in this post, she immediately claps afterwards (and sometimes during).
I am really enjoying her, although she is really starting to show her personality. Let's just say she may look a lot like Zach, but I'm pretty sure she got my personality! Watch out world!
I love her more than life itself, and feel so blessed to be her Mama.
Her favorite thing to do is clap. She LOVES to be applauded. She started doing her first sign for "all done" when she finishes her bottle, and does it perfectly in context. The first time she did it, I freaked out and clapped so big, and she laughed her heart out. She was so excited! When she does any of her tricks that I mentioned in this post, she immediately claps afterwards (and sometimes during).
I am really enjoying her, although she is really starting to show her personality. Let's just say she may look a lot like Zach, but I'm pretty sure she got my personality! Watch out world!
I love her more than life itself, and feel so blessed to be her Mama.
2 comments:
Damn, I wish I was there to witness these beautiful firsts with you. I so dearly miss you guys. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but I cannot wait to get to a place in our lives where we get to hang together again. Seriously miss those days--dirty dishes in the sink, overkill on Zoolander, Cooper on the couch, and ALL!!! LOVE YOU :-)
I gave you a blog award!! :) Check it out!
http://jenandjed.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-me.html
Post a Comment