Sunday, February 6, 2011

{we're alive!}

Well, hello.... It's been a while. My last post was when Caroline first got sick, and we were thinking it might be RSV. Nope. After her coughing spells in the night, the real sickness emerged that following morning... stomach flu. Yuck! This was Caroline's first "real" sickness, so it was pretty tough seeing her so uncomfortable! She wasn't able to keep anything down but Pedialyte, oatmeal, and bananas for a week and a half!!! There were doctor's visits, calls to the doctor in the middle of the night, and an ER visit. I really felt like I got initiated into motherhood (again?) somehow. Whoo!

She also gave me the sickness, so Zach ended up having to stay home with both of us. Luckily, (or rather, by the grace of God) he didn't get it. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone! What made it worse was that she was having a reaction to some food I gave her and had the most horrible diaper rash I had ever seen. Combine that with the symptoms of the stomach flu, and it basically spells disaster. Not. fun.

Anyways, we're better. Well, she is. Zach and I both have some sort of cold right now. She hasn't gotten it {yet} and I am praying she doesn't. Lysol disinfectant spray is hopefully doing its job around the house.

Stay tuned for some more interesting posts. :)
Happy Superbowl Sunday!

1 comment:

Elicia said...

A week and a half? Poor mama and baby. I hope all of the Gavos fam is feeling better!