Hey there! All those cliche sayings you hear about when you have a mobile or semi-mobile child are t.r.u.e. Wow. I still haven't figured out how to juggle the baby, the blog, my new budding business, along with keeping up with friends and family, bible study, our house projects, etc, etc, etc... I'm sure everyone has a similar story. Such is life, right? Carpe Diem!
Here is my non-Caroline post for the week (month? :) If you are in a pinch to make a dessert for any occasion, this is an awesome recipe. Super quick, super easy, and has a great wow-factor.
You can make this healthier or non-healthier by adjusting ingredients. See below:
Rojean's Cheesecake Parfait
(Source: The Family Style Soul Food Diabetes Cookbook by Weaver, Williams, Gaines, and Fralin)
Prep time: 10 min
Serves: 24 (Serving size: small parfait glass)
Ingredients:
8 oz package reduced-fat cream cheese
8 oz package fat-free cream cheese
(**Update! I totally forgot to mention that I buy the whipped cream cheese. It blends together so.much.better than the regular blocks of cream cheese. Just some food for thought.) {ha!}
12 oz container fat-free cool whip
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup splenda sugar blend for baking
24 oz can sugar-free pie filling (i.e. blueberry or cherry)
Garnish ideas: mint leaves, crushed Nilla Wafers
Using a mixer, blend the cream cheese (very softened) until whipped smooth. Add Cool Whip, lemon juice, vanilla, and Splenda. Layer in a parfait glass with pie filling. Garnish with mint leaves or Nilla wafer crumbs.
**Recipe Note: this comes from a diabetic cookbook. I have used all fat-free cream cheese and regular pie filling and it was still delicious. You could also use fresh fruit. Another idea would be to layer it into a cake pan. The possibilities are endless!
I am making this for a recipe swap with my bible study girls tonight. I will come back (ok. I will try) and post some pictures of my version for tonight.
xoxo-
kate
3 comments:
I can vouch for this one! It's great!!
Hell yes, YUM!!
Kate,
This is Margaret Franks (used to be Margaret Rendall). I started reading your blog a while ago, and I really enjoy it. I think it is so fun, that Jenn, you and me all have babies around the same edge, and if you ever get down to Houston I would love for us to all get together. I started a blog in November, because I loved reading yours and several other friends so much. It is thefranksfamilia.blogspot.com. Hope you are doing well. Caroline is so beautiful.
Post a Comment