Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{Big Maggi and Little Maggi}

Today is my Granny's 91st Birthday. As I said in my last post, she is one of my heroes. She was so much fun to grow up with as a kid. I truly feel a strong connection to her. She has that independent, sassy spirit, and passed it down to me. Her name is Margaret, but she goes by Maggi. I decided to name Caroline after her because she means so much to me. She loves the Lord, her family, and always has such a desire to be loved on by others. She is over the moon excited that she has a great-granddaughter named for her... in fact, the whole nursing home knows it and sees pictures. She is such a sweet lady. She also refuses to call Caroline by her first name, and will only call her "Little Maggi," which I think is adorable.

As I type, Zach is planting a Saucer Magnolia tree in our front yard, in honor of Big Maggi and Little Maggi. I wish I could see Granny more often, but I know that every time I look out the window and see that tree, or watch Caroli--oops, I mean "little Maggi" get sassy, I will think of her.

1 comment:

Elicia said...

Aww, that is so sweet! I love how your grandmother calls Caroline Little Maggi. Way too cute!