Thursday, March 24, 2011

{Step by step! Ooh baby!}

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Well, in true form, Miss Caroline surprised us by taking her first steps this past Tuesday! She is changing daily, if not hourly! My Dad joked last night that we shouldn't blink, because we may miss something. I feel like that is closer to the truth than it is an exaggeration.

As I type, she is avoiding her nap by walking around her crib, trying to go from side rail to the other side without holding on. What a little stinker. When she loses her balance, she sits down and says "oh!" (which is her version of uh-oh). She really likes to stand right in front of the crib rails or the side of her pack-n-play and stand and clap for herself as long as she possibly can before she grabs back on. She is just too funny. I love it!

She keeps me on my toes for sure!

On another note, we have had a frustrating few months as far as her reflux goes. I feel like we took 3 steps forward, and now we have taken 2 steps back. The stomach virus she had back in January produced a horrid diaper rash that has been impossible to get rid of. My only guess as of right now is that virus has compromised her immune system so that she can't handle the foods she was used to eating up until that point. I have basically taken her off of all solid foods until we can get rid of the diaper rash. Her oatmeal that she has been eating since October (Happy Bellies Organic oatmeal with no dairy and no soy) was something she ate on a daily basis without any problems. I cut out foods recently, and then tried the oatmeal again this past Monday, and she threw up for several hours. Not good.

Her Gastroenterologist was ridiculously unhelpful, and threw a new can of formula in my face as he ushered us out the door. I was really upset, because in my heart of hearts, I am 100% positive it is not her formula. And the new formula is identical to the current one, just a different brand. I am not an idiot, although it feels like he takes me for one. I do my research, and I carefully evaluate and track Caroline's eating habits and problems. Of course he is the only pediatric GI Specialist in Beaumont. I am going to do some praying and try to figure out what I need to do.

Sorry for the Mama soapbox. I know God will lead us to the answers. I just need to trust in him and know that everything will work out.

No comments: