Tuesday, August 2, 2011

{amazon prime/amazon mom}

***UPDATE since I posted: (see bottom of post)

Most everyone is familiar with Amazon.com.

Most everyone is familiar with Amazon Prime membership ($80/year for free shipping on almost anything)

They also have a program called Amazon Mom. It works like Amazon Prime, but it is free... The catch is that you have to purchase a certain amount of things regularly to get it free.

Up until now, I wasn't sure that I could buy enough stuff to be eligible for Amazon Mom free. (I did join Amazon Mom back in December to start doing subscribe and save for diapers)

I buy my diapers from Amazon. They have a subscribe and save program that saves 30% on diapers if you sign up for a monthly delivery. All you need to do is figure out how much you would need for a month's supply, and then they keep coming as long as you want them to. Run out early? Just go to the site and add another shipment. Have too many, or don't need it anymore? Just cancel it with the click of a button- no questions asked. It's pretty awesome! (**Let me just note that Caroline has very sensitive skin, so I have to use the Pampers or Huggies sensitive. I have chosen Pampers. Some kiddos do just fine on store brand. You'll just have to go by your own kid and price it out!)

I am finally also switching Caroline's formula. If you know our situation well, you know this is HUGE for us. They have a subscribe and save program for the formula as well. So, instead of $22/can (where I have shopped around to find that to be the cheapest price), I pay for a month's supply (around 12 cans)... and they become $17/can. Wow! Pretty great, huh?

I could order this formula straight from Enfamil for $22/can for a case of 6. Their shipping is free. But, with Amazon Mom being free, I get free shipping and save an extra $60/month... JUST on formula!! That doesn't include the savings on diapers. Even if Amazon Mom wasn't free, it almost pays for my Amazon Prime membership in just one month's time.

I buy gifts and things I can't find in Beaumont (imagine that) off Amazon all the time.

I seriously ♥ Amazon.com


P.S. UPDATE: (I am just going to warn people that Amazon Mom only allows for Prime Membership benefits for up to a year. I just spent an hour on the phone with Amazon customer service arguing about what it says on their website. I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership, and went to order a carseat, and it wouldn't give me the prime member free shipping like it is supposed to. ARGH. I don't heart amazon as much as I thought. I think it's still worth it, but only for the first year! I am going to reinstate my prime membership because I buy other things from Amazon and the Amazon mom benefits only apply to "qualifying" baby items. What a crock. I have spent about $1000 on amazon in the past 8 months on just baby stuff alone. Geez....)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've used Amazon Moms to get the prime benefits for free as well (I know I don't have kids but the free shipping is worth it and a lot of my friends have been registering there so I get baby gifts on there on all the time). Just open a new account and subscribe to the Amazon moms under the new account. That's what I did :) (and it worked).

Kate said...

I have been a member of Amazon Mom since December of last year... It wouldn't give me free 2 day shipping on my carseat this morning after I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership. Their website says you are supposed to still get the prime free shipping benefits even if you cancel your current prime membership... if that makes sense. I don't think they have their kinks worked out, and their systems that should be talking aren't (aka amazon prime and amazon mom)

:)