Tuesday, September 6, 2011

{12-16 months}

I am pretty sure an absence of blogging in the time of 12-16 months is a bit par for the course... Caroline is SO busy! She keeps me so busy. The baby that turned one in April is not the same baby I have here at 16 (almost 17) months. Wow... the changes have been unbelievable to watch! Some things I want to remember...

* Caroline is going to be a little dancer... she is already doing movements to some of the wiggles songs and songs I sing to her

* She is very verbal (although I don't really have anyone to compare... that is just my own observation). It is so funny which words she comes up with and which ones she totally botches (but I know exactly what she is saying).

* She became super attached to her paci after we weaned her off the bottle in July. I am a little indifferent... Sometimes I think- oh geez... we need to start working on getting rid of this... and sometimes, I think... eh- we've got time. I don't mind it... Until I make up my mind, it stays. :) Another funny thing is that she is VERY particular about her pacis. Not just NUK brand, but the NUK Genius ones... Sorry to say I know exactly where she got that from!

* She is obsessed with animals and can do every animal sound I can think of. Some of them are really funny. The latest ones are snake and owl and her "whooo whooo" is hysterical. I think the elephant is my favorite.

* She has started to throw tantrums, but I am getting way better at handling them. They really aren't too bad (yet?) and almost 100% of the time happen when she is tired.

* August was a crazy month for her. She got Salmonella poisoning (from licking a restaurant table we think. nice) and cut 4 teeth (3 fang-ones and her last one year molar)

* She is getting closer and closer to allowing bows to stay. She wants them, but she always pulls them out within 30 seconds or so.

* She is SO girlie. Purses, shoes, jewelry... anything. It is the cutest thing ever.

* She is a water baby. She loves the pool, kiddie pool, and especially the splash parks. It got way too hot this summer, so we didn't do as much of that as I thought. I took her yesterday with her Aunt Tara, and she literally screamed with delight as she ran around. She absolutely digs it. I plan on taking her to the beach when it cools down below 119.

Are we really in September? Hol-ee cow.

I have a goal (aside from finishing my darn photography challenge. Ugh- sorry.) to go out and take some more pictures of her and have them printed. SO shameful... I am a photographer and I haven't printed any pictures of my sweet girl. Zach is beyond swamped, so hopefully it will happen someday soon.

That's all I have time for now, but I will try to be better about taking just 15 minutes to write a quick post! I know I have forgotten some stuff since I haven't been great at updating since she turned one. Her birthday party pics will be coming soon! Gah.

No comments: