
I wish I had done this from the beginning... kept track of a typical day in the life of miss Caroline as she grows. Once you get a sort-of-schedule in place, they tend to go and change it again. That's what makes every day interesting, though! Oh, well! Maybe with the next one (which is not any time soon).
At 17 months,
this is what we did today:
6:45am: wake up, medicine, drinks her milk, and we play! (I have to play and play and play with her or she won't go down for her nap! I try to avoid TV in the morning because she needs to be more active)
Things we do:
(dancing to the wiggles, doing puzzles, chasing each other, throwing the ball for sadie, playing with magnetic letters on the fridge, playing dress up with Mama's purses/shoes/pearls/etc, reading books, among other things)
9:00am "Breakfast" This keeps changing because we keep adding food (amen!). Today, she had apples (I crushed up), and mashed sweet potato mixed with a little bit of apple to help the consistency. This is probably so weird for those who have kiddos around Caroline's age. She "should" be eating regular people food (Still cut up into smaller bites), but we aren't there yet. She is doing so great at learning how to feed herself with the spoon. I haven't really been pushing it much, because I wanted her to get used to picking up food with her fingers again, but she likes to hold the spoon, dip it in the bowl and feed herself. She can't have any dairy yet (we haven't gotten to that point of trying it), and she can't have any type of grain aside from rice. That is what makes eating so tricky for us. No processed food whatsoever. I have to have full control over every ingredient in whatever she eats.
Another thing is that her Doctor says he still wants the majority of her nutrition coming from her formula, which means I still have to fit in a good 25-30 ounces on top of the food we are trying one by one. The solid foods at this point are moreso for trying/experimenting and less for calorie count.
Next, we clean up, play a little bit more...
11:00am Napped like a champ for 2.5 hours. That's my girl. She does great when we are at home. Traveling... not so consistent on that! {insert Mama's time to eat, shower, go to the bathroom, do anything around the house, and work. yipes.}
1:30 Up, drank some milk, and ran some errands.
Ate some bananas/prunes frozen into ice cubes inside one of these (best invention ever) and watched a little bit of Elmo's World on DVD. She loooooves "Oh-no" (Elmo)
Played some more {stacking blocks/making towers/knocking said towers down/etc)
Rubbed on some sunscreen and headed to the splash park. I keep thinking we should enjoy it while we have the warm weather! This is where today was not normal. She {hearts} the splash park. Today, not interested. At all. Long story short, she kept following this little boy around. Oh geez. Zach, you are innnn trouble.
6:00 medicine, bathtime, cup of milk, brush teeth, read book, say prayers, go to sleep (aka Mama leaves the room)
And, I'm spent. At this point, I usually get on Pinterest or Facebook just to have a few minutes of pointless activity. Then, I get dinner ready/clean up/do laundry/eat dinner/watch a TV show, and then it's time for me to sit down and work. I usually work until 11:30 or 12am.
Then, I go to sleep, get up, and do it all over again. Just a reminder for myself when our next one is around this age. Especially if we have another girl!
1 comment:
I love this post. I always wonder what it's really like to be a mom! Sounds like a fun but busy day!
Post a Comment