I found this article online that I think is really great. There are 16 suggestions for making small changes to help you become healthier. I had a lot of health and kinesiology classes in college when I was wanting to do physical therapy, so I feel like I understand the basic fundamentals of what it takes to be healthy. For one thing, it's not easy (willpower!) Especially in the world we live in today.
It seems that many people try to "diet" and are successful at losing the weight, but not successful in changing their habits, thus creating a never-ending cycle. I grew up not really having much of a focus on being healthy, but I have such a tiny frame that it never mattered.
My goal this year is to take baby steps, and make small changes that I will continually practice in order to become healthi-ER. I am in no way dieting, and I am in no way plunging into the mindset of extremes... where many people find themselves... No dessert, No soda, No sugar, No bread... It is making small changes, one at a time, and not depriving myself of a reward from time to time. I love soda (what we call "Coke" here in Texas, but actually meaning any kind of soda). I have cut back tremendously, but I don't completely keep myself from having one once in a while. It has made it so much easier to cut back.
So, keep in mind as you read the article below, that there are 16 suggestions... Not something you wanna try all at once. I might try to focus on one for a month, and then move on to something else. Baby steps... I'll keep you posted. (pun intended for my Dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment