I love dogs. I truly mean it. I love dogs more than people. Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with any dog I can get my hands on. My Mom had to teach me how to carry our old schnauzer when I was 3 or 4 since she couldn't keep me away from her! And I have not changed. If you have ever seen me with our current dog Sadie, she is my first child and I am obsessed with her. I cuddle and hug and kiss on her as much as I possibly can. Fast forward to my reason for this post:
One of my best friends from College, Courtney, got a puppy with her boyfriend (now husband) during our junior year. He was a German Shepherd/Lab mix and was so precious! I was so excited to live with them because I got to be Cooper's aunt and spoil him. Cooper would sit on his back legs and put his "arms" around your neck just like a hug. He was the sweetest big dog I've ever known! When you got home, we would whimper and yelp out of sheer excitement. He was a top notch dog.
Cooper got sick this week and didn't make it. He was only around 7 I think. Apparently his kidneys weren't functioning properly and they weren't able to fix it. I am crying some sad tears tonight for my Cooper-Pooper-Scooper, and for Courtney and Dave. Here are a couple of pictures that I still have on my computer. I love you guys and know that I am thinking of and praying for you.
One of my best friends from College, Courtney, got a puppy with her boyfriend (now husband) during our junior year. He was a German Shepherd/Lab mix and was so precious! I was so excited to live with them because I got to be Cooper's aunt and spoil him. Cooper would sit on his back legs and put his "arms" around your neck just like a hug. He was the sweetest big dog I've ever known! When you got home, we would whimper and yelp out of sheer excitement. He was a top notch dog.
Cooper got sick this week and didn't make it. He was only around 7 I think. Apparently his kidneys weren't functioning properly and they weren't able to fix it. I am crying some sad tears tonight for my Cooper-Pooper-Scooper, and for Courtney and Dave. Here are a couple of pictures that I still have on my computer. I love you guys and know that I am thinking of and praying for you.
3 comments:
Thank you, Katy :'( We just miss him so much, it physically hurts. He was THE most loyal dog I have ever known. He walked by my side in and out of the house, literally. He was my protector and my guide. He was my best friend and Sully's best brother. I am seeing that Sully knows now. He has started walking from room to room for no reason, I believe he is looking for Cooper. Thank you tears are falling...
I cried many tears for you and Dave and for Cooper last night. Hang in there. Love you--
I am so sorry for sweet Courtney. Just thinking about when that day comes in our house hurts my heart. God bless them.
Post a Comment