One of my true loves is coffee. I am not really sure how I came to like it. Even in college, I didn't really like it unless it was doused with chocolate, sprinkles, or any kind of flavored syrup. A few years ago when I was working in outside sales, I had breakfast with a visiting Regional Manager one morning. As I started to put my cream and sugar into my coffee, he stopped me and said this: "Just do me one favor. Try it black for two weeks. It's healthier for you, and I promise you won't go back." I have never been more glad that I made the decision to listen to him. I choked it down without anything added to it for 2 weeks, and realized I started to like the taste.Zach and I started becoming coffee snobs. We would go to Central Market or Whole foods and get whole bean coffee and grind it ourselves every morning. We'd try different roasts and origins and found that there are certain coffees we really like. It's (supposedly) like wine--you acquire the taste for it and realize there are certain flavors/origins you prefer. We love Sumatra, and any Latin American or African orgins. We don't love French or Italian Roast. Maybe too bold? I don't know...
As far as the snob thing goes, I am a bit ashamed... Zach and I can't do any kind of Folgers or cheapy stuff. I absolutely LOVE Starbucks. I get a perfect cup every time. It is what it is! Coffee is known to have antioxidants and several health benefits.
So, I am going to give you the same suggestion that Rich gave me back 3 or 4 years ago... Try it black for two weeks. You never know! You might like it!
P.S. Speaking of Starbucks, if you are ever in the need for a quick breakfast on the go, they have these hot breakfast sandwiches called "Artisan Sandwiches" that are to.die.for. I usually won't do breakfast sandwhiches from any kind of drive-thru because the eggs are usually gross. The eggs on this sandwich are mixed with cheese (frittata style), plus you get either bacon or ham and another slice of cheese on a ciabatta roll. SO good. SO worth the $3.25... Trust me.

So, I am going to give you the same suggestion that Rich gave me back 3 or 4 years ago... Try it black for two weeks. You never know! You might like it!
P.S. Speaking of Starbucks, if you are ever in the need for a quick breakfast on the go, they have these hot breakfast sandwiches called "Artisan Sandwiches" that are to.die.for. I usually won't do breakfast sandwhiches from any kind of drive-thru because the eggs are usually gross. The eggs on this sandwich are mixed with cheese (frittata style), plus you get either bacon or ham and another slice of cheese on a ciabatta roll. SO good. SO worth the $3.25... Trust me.

2 comments:
I am impressed that you rock the black coffee but I justify my chocolate milk usage as a good way for me to get a little bit of dairy into my day :) You are so close to getting to have all the huge mugs of the 'bucks you want! And when you are in Chicago, I have a place to take you if you want a fru-fru drink to rival Sweet Eugene's!
I might have to take the black coffee challenge. I have to put milk and sugar in mine. I'll let you know how it goes! :)
Post a Comment