Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spent.

I am completely spent. Emotionally. Physically. Mentally... and any other way you can be spent. Yesterday was the Writing TAKS. When I got home, I immediately fell into Zach's arms in sobs.

We worked hard as a team. I worked hard as the Writing teacher. The kids worked hard. One day makes or breaks everything we have worked for. I am not going to get on my soapbox about TAKS, mostly because I am exhausted and don't want to think about it anymore.

So, I am rejoicing! It's over! I know I did everything I could possibly do to get those kids ready, and it's out of my hands now.

Tomorrow marks 5 weeks left of work until I go on maternity leave. When I look at that number and think about what that means, it blows my mind. My sweet Caroline is making an appearance just in time for me to miss the other 2 TAKS testing days this year. I love her already! ;)

Most of you have probably seen my 34 week pictures, but in case you haven't:


The doctor told me she was jealous that I am so tiny at 34 weeks pregnant. My belly has measured on track for every single doctor's appointment, so I am not quite sure how I am "so tiny." The only thing I remind people when they talk about how small I am is that I already have a very small frame. I thank the Lord in heaven that my belly isn't so big that my body can't support the extra weight. I told the doctor that I am really uncomfortable, if it's any consolation. :) I don't think she bought it.

One funny thing that Zach and I are predicting (and several of our friends) is that Caroline is going to be tall/long like her Daddy. My best friend in Chicago is a gorgeous 5'9, while her mother is around 5'3 or 5'4. Wouldn't it be hilarious for me to have this gigantically tall daughter?

No comments: