Tuesday, April 6, 2010

39 weeks & an Easter surprise!

Well, Caroline is still snug as a bug in a rug in there... Went to the doctor yesterday for our 39 week check-up and I'm still stuck at 1cm dilated and 70% effaced. Talking with the doctor, she seemed surprised that I hadn't progressed further, so she wanted to go ahead and schedule the induction. I haven't gained any weight in the past 2 weeks (I've actually lost 3 pounds! Wish I could do that by eating ice cream and pizza when I'm not pregnant!!) so she thinks Caroline will be close to the 6 pound mark. Itty-bitty girl!

So, we scheduled to be induced on Monday the 12th- Caroline's due date! Although I will give you a warning... My sister was induced with Preston and didn't have him until the following day, so it's a possibility too! (Let's pray I don't have to endure that!)

Speaking of my sister, she was due with my nephew on April 23rd but scheduled the C-Section for the 22nd. Sweet Garrett decided he didn't want to wait that long! He was a surprise Easter blessing! Welcome Garrett Donald McCaffrey! Born Saturday, April 3rd at a whopping 6 pounds, 12 ounces and 19" long. Look at that hair!! I love it! I SO wish I could be in Dallas to meet him!

3 comments:

aggielauren05 said...

you're so cute!! Congratulations on your new nephew... it's great that he and Caroline will be so close in age!

Unknown said...

How precious! And SO fun that you guys will have babies the same age!!

Katie Norwood said...

You look so good! Is it so exciting to know the date by which you will have a baby??? How cool is that?