I'm not sure that I have really mentioned this much, so I thought I would take the opportunity. If you know us at all, you know that Zach is very handy around the house... like rockstar handy. There are STILL so many things he'll fix, and I'm like- how did you do that??! You've never done that before! He has the most incredible work ethic I have ever seen in anyone, and I'm not just saying that.Back up a second... When we lived in Dallas, Zach always talked about owning his own company some day. There were many ideas thrown out... homebuilding and landscaping being two of the common ones. We just let ourselves get so busy, nothing really ever came of it.
Well, we moved down south because of an opportunity with a General Contractor for Zach to be Project Manager over the building of some schools. The company is great, and he is learning so much from this job. He likes construction and it fits his skill set really well.
It might have been me getting pregnant that really lit a fire under him to pull the trigger and start a business. He knew he couldn't just leave his job and start a new business, so since last summer he has been working *hard* at starting up this new company. Based on the market here, he decided Landscaping. So, Magnolia Landscape Development was born. He doesn't have any plans to leave the construction job... at least any time in the near future. But, he has made some great contacts through a networking group for small business owners and we are really starting to see it take off. His goal is to have crews doing all of the work and he just supervises, but at this point, he is doing work too. And this is all after his 8-5 day job. Rockstar, I know.
I am so proud that he jumped right in, head first, to go after his dreams. He already has 2 guys that have started to help him out on large scale projects and he scored his first really big job yesterday. I am so thankful that the Lord guided him in this way and I am excited to see where it takes us.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
(Colossians 3:23)
1 comment:
How exciting!!!
Post a Comment