Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{iced heaven}

Since we are in the craziest heat wave/drought, I have been on a big iced-coffee kick. Pioneer Woman posted a recipe recently and it was way too complicated for the fractional amount of spare time I have on my hands, so I went another direction.

It is called Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I adapted my recipe from this link because I don't have any of the special equipment. Hope you enjoy!

Serving Size: 1-2 cups

6 Tablespoons of coffee (I used a dark roast to make it extra strong)
18 ounces of filtered water (ratio is 2T coffee to every 6 ounces of water)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
Ice

Brew coffee (strong is good because the ice will weaken the coffee a bit)
Fill big coffee mug about 1/2 full with ice (crushed is best)
Add about 2 Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk (+/- to taste)
Pour coffee on top and stir.
Add more crushed ice as needed.

SO easy! Of course, you can adapt the strength of the coffee and amount of sweetened condensed milk to taste.

I am WIRED right now, so you may want to avoid this in the afternoon?

Enjoy!




2 comments:

Whitney said...

Now that's a coffee drink I could handle. I'm still working on drinking it black -- I've got a long way to go!

Adkins Fam said...

Ohhh, that sounds delicious!! I never would have thought to put sweeten condensed milk in a drink. It is on on my grocery list!!