2. How are you feeling? (you really don't want to know the truth, so we just say great)
3. You are ALL baby!
4. You're due in April?? Oh! You've got a long way to go!
5. Oh-you're showing now. (Can anyone guess who said that one? Betcha can!)
6. You are bigger than your sister. (Thanks for that one, Mom!)
The truth is, all things said to a pregnant woman are said with sweet intentions. Pregnant or not, I really hate it when people make "backwards compliments." Such as, "I really like your makeup today. It looks great when you feel good enough to put some on!" (Didn't make that one up!)
So, my best advice to give you when talking to any woman with outrageous amounts of hormones in her body is to say, "You look great!"
I would love to hear some other things that have been said to you either pregnant or not... Please share!
_________________________________________
On a completely unrelated note, I saw that my crib bedding was 40% off, so I bought it! It will be here Tuesday!! I am SO excited!!!
Zach is busy trying to put up some crown in Caroline's room and it's really starting to come together! I'll post pictures when everything's put back in its place.
5 comments:
The bedding is absolutely precious! She will be sleeping in style :)
dude... don't let the janky people get you down. you DO look great and always have and i know you, you'll look fab after caroline is born. so no worries. the backhanded compliments are just from people that don't know what else to say. except the one by mama robertson. that is just plain funny!!! :)
So cute, I love the bedding! Umm, has anyone rubbed your belly yet? Yikes, I hated that.
i always love the "i wont tell you when you're so big you gross me out." comment from my husband :)
I got "are you SURE there's not two in there??" a lot! =)
Cute bedding!!
Post a Comment