Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The year that changed my life...

January 6, 2009 was a day that changed my life. Centex Homes had their 7th and final layoff, of which Zach was a casualty. Little did I know amidst my panic that I would look back and be forever grateful for that day. 2009 might have been a horrible year in the eyes of many, but I look at it as the year I gained true, real perspective on what matters most.

When adversity stares you in the face, do you run from it, or do you face it head on? Zach and I learned not only to accept the challenges that life throws at us, but embrace them as a part of God's plan. We have an even stronger faith in God, a stronger bond in our marriage, and a grasp of the things that really matter in life...

Moving from Dallas and facing challenges head on forced us to get real. Zach got a great job with a great company, and also made the decision to follow his dream and start his own business on the side. Magnolia Landscape Development is thriving, thanks to Zach's drive and work ethic. I began a teaching position under some of the toughest circumstances I have experienced thus far. When I got pregnant with Caroline, God taught me not to take anything for granted. I have changed my perspective on so many things--because I get to stay home and teach and take care of her.

The video below is probably one you have seen. It speaks to what I feel matters the most in life and I thought it was relevant for the post. Thank you for reading this blog and keeping in touch with us. It means more than I can say... God Bless you and your family in 2010.


1 comment:

aggielauren05 said...

what a great post... and great video. I'm so blessed to have you in my life! If only Texas... were nearer to DC! Love you guys!