Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faith Like a Child

I had a parent conference today with a parent who has 4 girls. She is a very strong Christian (which I find a lot of in Beaumont) and talked about how she has raised her girls. Wonderful, wonderful woman. The daughter I have in class is the youngest and the most difficult... Sweet and a pleaser, but when she's not happy with you, you know it. (I just gave my Dad the biggest laugh of his life)

We talked with her for several minutes about the challenges we are having with her daughter, but also with her strengths and how she can use them to benefit her in the long run. Her daughter has a severe case of dyslexia, but like I said earlier, is very strong-willed. She agreed with us and told us that they pray together in the car every morning on the way to school. My student said, "Thank you God for giving me dyslexia because if I didn't have it, I wouldn't be a conqueror."

Wow- that is amazing. God only gives you challenges that he knows you can handle. A 9 year old gets that...

No comments: