Monday, October 19, 2009

A punch

After a couple of months of analyzing our paint color in the dining room (the light beige we did on most of the house), we decided that it needed a punch of color. There are some beautiful white french doors that open to the backyard, plus our fireplace is white and brightens up the room. I got to thinking that since there is so much natural light, a crystal chandelier, and a lot of bright white paint, it might be good to use a darker color to contrast and make the white pop. I wanted to use a color that is in the same shade family as our kitchen (Silver Sage), but darker. So, I took myself back to Restoration Hardware and found Blue Sage... it's a beautiful color! It looks mostly sage green, but has just a touch of blue undertones. Zach has been finishing the white part and finally got to roll on some of the color last night. Here is a picture from Restoration's website that shows the color--- I'll post one as soon as we finish cutting in.

P.S. Restoration has color swatches, but I have been able to easily match them with Behr's color match machine at Home Depot... just a little money-saving tip!

7 comments:

Janet James said...

Yay paint colors!

aggielauren05 said...

looks beautiful!!

Jen said...

I was gonna say... look at you with the Restoration paint... until the last part. And Chef Boyardee Ravioli? Didn't we used to make fun of Janae for eating that stuff? (how's that for a blast from the past!!)

Kate said...

I know! It doesn't really sound good anymore... just really in the first trimester. I saw a commercial for chef boyardee ravioli and was like, umm... Zach I'm gonna need you to pick some of that up from the store on your way home! Just wait until you're pregnant... weird stuff happens!
Eew. Janae. :) It just makes me think of y'alls toilet.

Kate said...

p.s. Jen, I heart Restoration... just not their prices :)

Jen said...

Yes, me too. I have Restoration taste on an IKEA budget but it's fun to make it work.

I can't stomach $700 for anything, let alone nightstands.

Kate said...

Amen sister! I wanted that Camden bedroom set and then realized that 2 nightstands, 1 dresser, and 1 queen bed would be like $7000! That is insane!! I should be able to fill a whole house with that kind of money! However, if you have a Restoration outlet somewhere in the Chicago area, you can have your name put on a waiting list for certain items.